The Beatles I Want You (She’s So Heavy) is the sexiest song of all time. Since you can’t purchase The Beatles on iTunes and all of my CDs are at my mom’s house I bought two different versions. One is from the Across the Universe soundtrack and the other is by Umphrey’s McGee because I love them. Just sayin’.
So on Saturday I will be cheering (from Figure 8) for a TAR HEEL win over LSU. Hey, it could happen?
Then on Monday night I’ll be at the bar watching MY HOKIES tear down some boise state. And, I didn’t realize how many people st8 h8 boise state. Weird. Let’s get the HOKIE NATION together!!! Loves it.
Also…turns out Gamecock tailgating is quite fun. Even more fun? If you bike there. I live like 3 miles away from the stadium/tailgating area. So yesterday I went and recycled stuff, took care of my puppay and then biked to tailgates. Since I had multiple to attend, I got to bike in between them. GENIOUS. Then I walked halfway back with two guys (umm…that I had just met? not awk.) and the End Zone Grill has $3 jager bombs on game days. Clearly that was necessary. So we walk in, set our drinks on a table in the lobby area, put my bike against the bar, order 3 jager bombs, take them, pick up the bike and drinks and continue on our way. This is the stuff dreams are made of.
Now I’m off to the beach for 4 days. With my babiez!!!
…just take 2 hours of leave to tailgate for a football game that
- I don’t have a ticket to attend,
- did not go to the school,
- or any school in this conference, and
- I’m not really a fan of?
Why, yes. Yes, I did. GO COCKS!!!
Good things that have happened lately:
- Yesterday I got a huge work responsibility. Yay!
- And I got new tires.
- And then ran 4 miles outside. Hot.
- Went to Mexican with some friends.
- Going to Figure 8 for four days starting tomorrow.
- Gamecock football tonight! Read: I didn’t get a free ticket, and won’t be paying for one, but I think I’ll probably still tailgate.
Annoying things that have happened lately:
- The tires were like $400. But I think I got a deal from my mechanic (and I’m excited that I have a mechanic!)
- Those 4 miles? They kicked my ass in the heat.
- Which, by the way, made the gym today bru.tal.
- One of my co-workers/team mates was crazy douchey to me today via text message, in person, on the phone AND via email. Like, really mean. Turns out he thinks I got him sick and is now being a giant vagina. But when I told our team leader, he said “just email him back and ask if it’s his time of the month.” So at least that was funny.
I feel like I’ve been in a glass case of emotion. Like, something blech will happen, but then good stuff. Or vice versa.
Sorry for the rambly post. I think I’m just ready for the LONG weekend.
I’d like to welcome the Misters Vetter and Cobain to my Tuesday.
Clearly the “new kid’ is making me want to eat my own eyeballs. I guess this is my mis-timed angst. Don’t. Like. You. New. Kid.
due to being ill. DISLIKE.
…until you realize that it’s for a surveying “party.”
Too much to explain. But, needless to say, if I find a job at my level anywhere else in the country before October, I’m moving.
edit: this was written when i was reeeealllyyy angry. i chatted with my boss (love him) and figured stuff out. now i’m just annoyed and not pissed. in case you wanted to know. and looks like i’ll be staying in South Carolina.
Somebody knocked on our door this afternoon.
It was the high schooler down the street (on the ghetto side. like, really) who cuts our grass.
he was bored and is now watching “Harry Potter” with us.
Do you have a 17 year old black high schooler watching HP with you on a Sunday afternoon? Didn’t think so.
It is nearing the end of the summer and my bff, Bridget and I decided we needed another beach weekend. (Okay, honestly? I’ll be spending 4 days at Figure 8 at my dad’s beach house for Labor Day weekend, but Bridget has weddings and stuff.)
And my sister is back in Charleston for her senior (gasp!) year. So the three of us are going to spend the weekend getting wicked tan and being able to all go to bars together!!
Maggie, the pup, is also excited because my sister has a fenced in backyard (yes, in historic downtown Charleston!) and my sister’s roommate also loves her.
Yay for the weekend!!!
disclaimer: in preparation for the weekend, I will be meeting my half-marathon training buddy at the gym at 6:30am on my Friday off.
It was this morning.
I went to the gym and right after my first set some homeless dude walks in and goes “uhh…somebody in your parking lot got broken into.” My immediate thought? That was definitely my car. And as I walked outside I saw my little guy with a busted driver’s window and uttered a delightful “shit.”
And, as I always do, I had left my purse in the passenger seat. Duh. Don’t leave your purse in the open. I know. But still, homeboy smashed my window in with a brick and janked that shit. The funny thing is that I have power nothing on my car and he could have just taken it by jimmying the lock. Easily. Sheesh!
Anyways, he got all my junk. Which is all it was. I mean, what is the 6’ black skinny homeless man on a stolen bike (yes, he’s got an M.O.) going to do with an ipod shuffle full of Britney, MIA and Luke Bryan (dont’ judge my musical tastings)?? Oh, he also got my umbrella, a brand new sharpie (those are not cheap), my work ID, and $10 cash.
Thankfully my camera wasn’t in my purse. And it usually is. Inshallah. So then the rest of my morning was spent cancelling credit cards, talking to the po po and waiting for the glass guys to repair my window. Which they did…for free! I knew in SC that if you had comprehensive insurance they waive the deductible for windshields, but evidently it’s for all glass. Yay!
Then I got my passport from home and gathered a new debit card from the bank (BofA FTW?), ordered my new phone (randomly I got insurance when I switched from Verizon to T-Mobile and this only cost $40), and picked up a duplicate license from the DMV. AND was at work by noon:thirty.
So that was my drama for the day. I also was forced to borrow $20 from one of the trainers which I didn’t have to use and that was nice. And now I’ve had the experience. Just annoying. And I am going to miss my cinda b bag.
Oh, and I have no phone numbers. Which is fine because now I’ll be able to start my friends over hahaha
- Eat food.
- Don’t eat anything your great-grandmother wouldn’t recognize as food.
- Avoid food products containing ingredients that no ordinary human would keep in the pantry.
- Avoid food products that contain high-fructose corn syrup.
- Avoid foods that have some form of sugar (or sweetener) listed among the top three ingredients.
- Avoid food products that contain more than five ingredients.
- Avoid food products containing ingredients that a third-grader cannot pronounce.
- Avoid food products that make health claims.
- Avoid food products with the wordoid “lite” or the terms “low-fat” or “nonfat” in their names.
- Avoid foods that are pretending to be something they are not.
- Avoid foods that you see advertised on television.
- Shop the peripheries of the supermarket and stay out of the middle.
A list to live by. I realized this weekend that I almost never go into the middle portion of the grocery store. I have a system: start at the fruits and veggies, move on to yogurt and soy milk, then round out with eggs.
Edit: This is not to say that I don’t “indulge” on occasion. I love cereal, though I try to avoid buying it. And Pirate’s Booty? Don’t even get me started. I think they put crack in it.
I also shop the perimeter of the grocery store. Except for sometimes the spaghetti-os. They’re disgusting, I know. But they’re so effing good.
So, right now is that awkward time between sports season. Baseball is pretty much ended (or at least the summer league we have in town) and football doesn’t start for another three weeks or so.
This begs the question: what are we going to do on the weekend?
I’ve got a free weekend in town with very little plans. I need to mend my fence and (obvi) go to the gym. Other than that, I got nothing.
I have a pretty big group of friends, but there’s just not much to do as a group. Keep in mind it’s devilishly hot where I live, so while the pool might seem like a fab idea, in reality it’s just too hot. Any weekend suggestions?