Skipped the gym in lieu of manchego, prosciutto, and merlot.
Oh, and some couch time with my husband.
I regret nothing.
How long do you keep your real Christmas tree up? We typically leave it up until January 6th as that is Epiphany and the end of the 12 Days of Christmas. I feel like it’s so sad to take it down on December 26th. And also, evidently I’m totally down with mixing up my Pagan rituals and my Christian calendar. ?
The only good thing about watching this duke game is seeing my husband in Cameron. Because he ditched me on a random Tuesday to drive four hours to go to the game. Dudes, am I right?
Most of tumblr would lose their money. On principle only, of course.
These are some things I’ve been thinking about. None of them is important.
- I hate winter time because I have to dry my feet after my shower. Putting on socks with wet feet is awful & in the summer I don’t wear socks.
- I started reading The Hunger Games on Sunday and haven’t gone to bed at a reasonable hour since.
- I’m making a chicken corn chowder for the second week in a row. With homemade chicken stock. Publix, I love you for putting rottiserie chickens on sale.
- Husband poured us out some red last night. This is cute because he typically sticks to Bud Light on weeknights, or the occasional hoppy microbrew.
- It’s going to get back up to the 70s this week.
- I found the most adorable video of a little girl’s 911 call. One of my guy friends posted it which makes it so much better.
- I cannot wait to decorate for Christmas! Our Thanksgiving is akin to the movie “Four Christmases” and lol at having time to decorate since then. (Our Christmas makes that movie seem like a walk in the park by the way. Two sets of divorced parents + 4 grandmothers and everyone lives within 2 hours of Raleigh so you don’t actually have an excuse to not see them all. [Though I am extremely lucky that I’m able to have a relationship with all of my grandmothers and in-laws at almost 30])
- Grocery shopping is one of my favorite things.
- I love Talbots and I wish it weren’t so spensy.
I have the cutest 3 items in a cart at Talbots, but cannot bring myself to buy them for $160.
Also, I’m saying I can’t figure out what color Tieks I want with my 20% off coupon, but really I’m just having trouble paying $140 for flats.
HI HELLO IT’S ME, CAROLYN-FROM-THE-FUTURE AND FYI YOUR NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTION IS TO SPEND MONEY ON QUALITY PIECES. ALL OF THESE THINGS ARE INCLUDED IN THAT.
Please, internet, logic with my cold, cheap, always-be-saving heart and get me my shit.
(bag includes a fair isle sweater - I’ve wanted one for five-ever, a teal longish down coat - none of my coats fit me anymore, and a cute navy and pink tunic)
(I’m between the cardinal red and the ballerina pink)